Saturday, July 23, 2016

I fancy you!

This post is a submission for My Favorite Things's color challenge 49 :) I love making cards using nautical colors and ocean themes but I wanted to take the challenge colors and go a little... British!


For this card, I used MFT's London Mouse stamp set and stamped those adorable little mice on some scrap white cardstock and colored them in with my Kuretake markers. Their little uniforms are so fun :)

For the background, I stamped the buildings and trees on light blue cardstock and colored in some of the windows with a yellow marker. Using Die-namics's Blueprint 20, I cut out the stitched light blue paper as well as a darker blue scalloped rectangle.


Of course since I've become absolutely obsessed with my Lawn Fawn "Slide on over Dies" set, this is yet another pull tab die. The little mouse in the front (Gregory) believes in very public declarations of love, so he's strolling around town with an obnoxious little sign, hehe.

Here's what it looks like after Gregory manages to parade across the cardfront:


Thanks for reading :)

Supplies listed below are compensated affiliate links when possible.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Hats off to you!

Today's post is a contest submission for A Blog Named Hero's July "All Hero + Masculine" contest. Hero Arts does a great job creating gender-neutral stamp sets, and Hipster Animals is one of my favorites.


To make this top-folding card, I started by stamping the dog, bear, and wolf onto some scrap white cardstock. Then, using WOW's clear gloss embossing powder, I heat embossed the outline and then colored it in with Kuretake Zig markers.


I thought the hats really needed to be brightly colored to offset the more muted, natural coloring of the animals, so I stamped them in red, orange, and lime green. I cut out all the colored animals and hats (by the way, I spent so much time regretting my decision to not purchase the coordinating dies) and set them aside while I created the pull tab element. Afterwards, I glued down the animals and put the hats on little dimensional foam squares and aligned them into the pull tab slider slots.


Finally, I die cut out the letters for the front and the inside of the card and used the Xyron sticker maker to stick them down. I fixed the slider front onto some plaid paper from American Crafts and finally glued the entire cardfront down. This card was such a blast to make but oh man do I need those coordinating dies. Cue hand cramping from fussy cutting!


Haha, I'm having so much fun sliding those hats "on" and "off."


Thanks for reading :)

Supplies listed below are compensated affiliate links when possible.